BlueRemediomics partner NORCE Marine biotechnology group is seeking a motivated bio-oriented researcher willing to build capacity in sustainability assessments.
The marine biotechnology group focus on enzyme technologies and microalgae processes, with expertise in molecular biology, microbiology, bioinformatics, and bioprocess engineering. You will be able to collaborate with the emerging bio-based industries and academic experts in developing processes for new sustainable bio-products (food, feed, materials, chemicals) or bio-energy (fuels, power, heat).
The researcher will be working on sustainability assessments in a capacity building project called BIOSIRKEL addressing implications of industry deployment of bioprocesses, and strategies for biomass resource utilization. The researcher will be collaborating with European experts in planning and implementation of work. Knowledge based policy-support may also be relevant. The researcher is expected to present and report results in national and international fora. In collaboration with colleagues and partners the researcher will also be developing and realising new project ideas by writing proposals.
- A Researcher position requires a master degree in a relevant discipline (biotechnology, bioprocess engineering, biochemistry, biology or related field)
- A Senior researcher position requires a PhD from a relevant discipline (see above)
- Strong data analysis, scientific reporting, publication, and dissemination skills
- Proficiency in both written and oral English.
Additional Favourable Experience:
- Experience with LCA methodology and tools
- Further relevant work experience
- Experience from project acquisition and management
- Experience from relevant industry
- Team-player that can work independently and in a well-structured manner
- Good collaborative and decision-making skills
- Proficiency in Norwegian.
How to Apply:
- A brief account of your research interests and motivation for applying for the position.
- Names and contact information of two references.
- CV including a list of scientific publications.
- Transcripts, diplomas and relevant certificates.
- If a PhD has not yet been awarded: An official confirmation that the doctoral thesis has been submitted.
- Application and appendices with certified translations into English or a Scandinavian language must be uploaded at our recruitment portal Jobbnorge.
Application deadline: September 25th, 2023
The position is permanent and will be placed in Bergen.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact group leader Dr. Gro Bjerga (+47 56107404, email@example.com). Questions about the application process can be directed to Julia Dale, senior HR advisor (+47 56107407, firstname.lastname@example.org). For more information about NORCE, please refer to www.norceresearch.no.